Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man The Review


Assalamualaikum / Peace be Upon You

The movie had been released a long time ago, well... last two weeks if I'm not mistaken but I decided to write a review on this. Do take note that most of the review in this post are based on my personal opinions regarding on the Spider-Man franchise.


First of all, I would like to say that the movie turned out fine for me instead of some people called it amazing. Like any other superheroes movies, the movie set in an alternate timeline which somewhat based on the original storyline which in this case the Amazing Spider-Man universe. Despite the fact that there were several misconceptions on the Spider-Man myth, I still find this movie enjoyable to watch like Raimi's Spider-Man franchise.

There were several things that missing in the movie that didn't exactly follow the original series such as, Peter Parker trying to become a professional wrestler by fighting against Crusher Hogan. Not to mention the fact that Uncle Ben didn't utter his famous quote exactly in the movie. And lastly of course, Harry Osborn wasn't even in the movie (If there were Gwen Stacy, there would be Harry Osborn).

I do find this version of Peter Parker (portrayed by Andrew Garfield) is quite similar to the original Peter Parker in the graphic novel. He is shown as a science geek and genius despite the fact that he didn't exactly made the web-shooter himself (In the movie, he took the web design from OsCorp). Not to mention they retained Spidey's sarcasm and funny quotes. I could hear Spidey shouting "I'm swingin' here! I'm swingin' here!" in the movie. To put matter funnier, there were a scene where he got the keyboards stuck to his fingers due to his superpowers. But apparently there were not much remarks and retorts when he was fighting with The Lizard. Not to mention there were several scenes where I go like "Where the hell are your Spider Sense? You're getting your ass kicked!"

What I don't like about the movie is the drama. Apparently the director or scriptwriter focused more on the drama rather than in the super-heroic stuffs, which kinda turned me off. The action scenes are less than the drama scenes whereby Peter Parker had to endure in order to become a masked superhero. Don't get me started on The Lizard's looks. He looks more humanoid than the original Lizard.

But in the end, it was a fun movie to go and watch. I don't want to tell you guys to not or to go and watch this. If you are a Marvel fan especially, a Spider-Man fan, just go out and watch the movie. Well... Like any other Marvel movies, expect a sequel.

Salam

No comments: